Friday, July 22, 2005

Off on a mission trip

I've been in a pre-trip crazed fog this week, as Don, the boys and I get ready to leave the country for a week on a medical mission trip to Guyana.

This is not a just going on vacation trip. We are bringing medical stuff (Don and other doctors will be seeing patients all next week) and other things, including stuff for us to pack for snacks. It's not like you can run to Walmart there if you forget something.

I am excited and nervous. It's a great opportunity to share the Gospel with others, and to provide help. But it's my first time doing something like this. I hope I serve God well down there and am the light He wants me to be.

I don't know if I will be able to update the blog from there - we are supposed to have Internet access, but who knows? If not you'll hear from me when I get back. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura
I know it's going to be work but enjoy your ministry and take care of yourself. You deserve time away and what better way to spend it?