Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Wow

I am trying to figure out how to take this past week and boil it down to the couple of paragraphs I only have time to write before I go to bed.

I can't.

There is so much to tell. About the medical mission trip. About the people I met. The things I saw. I am still absorbing it all.

I'm back tired, a little bruised, bug-bitten, and very humbled.

We are so rich in this country. I met with people who don't have electricity where they live. Who don't have indoor plumbing. People who manage to make do without air conditioning, dishwashers, expresso, television, Internet access, and a number of other things we tend to take for granted here in the United States.

Yet these people are not unhappy people. The children are not bored. They smile and laugh. They were good to us who came to provide medical care and spiritual teaching.

Yes, we went to give. But we took back as much as we gave.

I was blessed by the opportunity to go there.

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were missed, laura. Can't wait to read more of your comments.