Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back from a writer's conference.

I just got back home from a writer's conference in Cocoa Beach. It was a wonderful opportunity to talk to other writers, get ideas for making my writing better, and pitching a novel of mine to an editor and 3 agents.

I got the chance to meet some fellow writers I met through Strange New Worlds. We had a great hanging out together and picking on a friend of mine who was asked to submit a proposal to an agent a year ago and hasn't done it yet.

I also got to see my friends Dean Wesley Smith and his wife Kristine Kathryn Rusch, who have been generous to me in their advice. They were keynote speakers at the conference, and as usual they had things to share that I needed to hear.

The editor I spoke with and one of the agents asked me to send the entire manuscript of "Dead Hypocrites," I novel I wrote as my Nano project in 2006. Two agents asked for the first 3 chapters. I am excited about the interest and will work to get the material in their hands as soon as possible.

Now, home and tired. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahooo!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great! I wish I could have been there. Good luck with the book!!

^JR^

Senihele said...

Laura, that's wonderful! (About sending the material in.)

I thought you had abandoned this blog. Will be checking it more often now. :)